Posted: 16.10.20 at 13:00 by The Editor
THE success of a Thurrock port means it is looking to expand its workforce to meet an ever-growing demand.
Located on the north bank of the Thames at Purfleet C.RO Ports London Ltd is part of a larger group of roll-on roll-off ports offering stevedoring services at a number of locations around Europe and is currently seeking cargo operatives for its site on the edge of London.
Candidates for a number of available positions as cargo operatives with the company will need a wide range of skills and be able to work as part of an organised team with the ability to prioritise their own workload, working on their own initiative.
Those interested in working for C.RO Ports can find out more about the company via its website.
• The handling of cargo for third party hauliers, either loading or unloading cargo onto and/or off lorries or vessels operating heavy plant and machinery in a safe manner (full training will be given).
• The loading and unloading of third party customer vehicles to and from the vessel.
• Use of the Fer4 Freight Management System for locating units around the terminal.
• To moor/unmoor vessels at commencement and departure times.
• To work in a safe environment checking manifested weights of the cargo being handled
• General operation site duties, including cleaning, general labour duties and driving vehicles.
• To cover as and when required any other duties that may arise to help the day to day running of the terminal
• We are looking for an organised team member who must have:
• Knowledge and experience of port or warehouse operations ideally driving plant/machinery ie Reachstackers, Tugmasters, Fork Lift Trucks and RTGs.
• To be flexible in their working arrangements working within a 24hour/7day shift roster.
• A pro-active approach to health and safety.
• A knowledge of Safe Systems of Work (SSOW).
• Good interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to prioritise own workload, work efficiently and in line with all company policies and procedures.
• Basic IT Skills
• Have a full clean driving licence
The successful applicants will be self-motivated and have the ability to work to tight timescales and on their own initiative.
C RO Ports is an equal opportunities employer.
If you are interested in applying for a position send a covering letter and up-to-date CV to [email protected]