Faulty fridge fire prompts firefighters feline rescue. Cat is safe, man treated and blaze put out!

  Posted: 26.02.21 at 10:16 by The Editor

us on Facebook

  See our new Community section




FIREFIGHTERS entered a smoke-filled house in Wets Thurrock to rescue a pet cat and douse the flames caused by a faulty fridge.

The incident happened in Elm Terrace yesterday (Thursday, 25 February) when two crews from Grays were called to reports of a kitchen fire at 11.45am.

The property was full of smoke when they arrived but the occupants were safely outside. Crews extinguished the fire and used a fan to clear the smoke by 12.16pm.

Crew manager Adam Powell said: "The house was 100 per cent smoke-logged when we arrived and crews did a really good job of quickly extinguishing the fire and limiting the fire damage to the kitchen.

"They also managed to find the occupants' pet cat and bring it to safety."

A man suffered smoke inhalation and crews administered oxygen before leaving him in the care of the ambulance service.

The ground and first floors suffered smoke damage.

It was a busy afternoon for the emergency service in the area. Just a couple of hours later police and ambulance crews and the Essex Air Ambulance were in action helping a motorcyclist injured in a crash at the nearby London Road and West Thurrock Way roundabout junction.

Like this article? Sign up to our weekly newsletter...
As the clock ticks towards this weekend’s Six Nations matches, rugby is once more a hot topic and as such it is timely that Thurrock Nub News’ ...
Read more...

Share: