Fire crews tackle outbuildings blaze: Man suffers burns

  Posted: 02.05.21 at 13:16 by The Editor

us on Facebook

  See our new Community section




FIREFIGHETERS stopped a fire affecting four outbuildings from spreading to bungalows in Grays.

Two crews from the town's fire station attended Kerry Road yesterday (Saturday, 1 May) at 4.59pm. A shed was completely alight and three others were about a quarter alight when the firefighters arrived.

Watch Manager Dave Hogan said: "Crews did really well to stop the fire spreading to two bungalows, which were very close to the affected sheds and outbuildings.

"Apart from fascias and soffits, the homes were not damaged, which is full credit to the crews' hard work."

Crews also gave first aid to a man who had suffered burns to one of his arms. He was left in the care of the Ambulance Service.

The fire was fully extinguished by 5.52pm. It is believed the fire was caused by an electrical fault.

Watch Manager Hogan said: "Make sure you follow our advice when using electrical appliances - don't leave items turned on when they are not in use and don't charge items for long periods or when you are not at home."

Like this article? Sign up to our weekly newsletter...
POLICE are seeking information after a mum reported a horrific attack on her young daughter in a Thurrock open space. The attack, which included an...
Read more...

Share: